“Live Free for a Month” Contest Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE
WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL,
STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the KBEW Live Free For A
Month Contest" (the "Contest") is open to legal residents who live within 75 miles of
the KBEW studios in Blue Earth, Minnesota, are 18 years or older with a valid
Minnesota or Iowa Driver's License or Minnesota or Iowa State Issued ID (or other
proof of Minnesota/Iowa residency, such as a copy of a utility bill) at the time of entry.
Employees of Riverfront Broadcasting and each of its affiliated companies,
subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of,
and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to
win. The term "family members" includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings,
children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live.
3. Contest Period and Structure. Qualifying for the Contest will begin on
Monday, November 16, 2020 and end on Thursday, December 16, 2020 (the "Contest
4. How to Qualify. Qualifying will be done at random times on KBEW AM & 98
Country FM, Monday-Friday between 6am-6pm from Monday, November 16, 2002-
Wedensday, December 15, 2020. Qualifying will be done via the phone and
5. To Enter to win the Grand Prize
Each of the qualifiers will be entered to win the Grand Prize. There is no other method
to enter to win the Grand Prize. KBEW will randomly draw a Grand Prize winner in a
random drawing from among all eligible entrants. Only those who have been selected
as a Qualifier will be entered to win the Grand Prize.
Grand Prize. The one (1) potential Grand Prize winner will, upon verification of
eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, be awarded a maximum of $1500
for a house or a rent payment, a maximum of $500 for one car payment and a maximum
of $300 for utilities (gas & electric) as well $500 in gift cards from Hy-Vee. The house or
rent, car & utility payments will be made by a check issued from Riverfront Broadcasting
dba as KBEW Radio.
6. Winner Notification and AcceptanceThe potential Grand Prize winner will
be notified via telephone or other contact method as determined by KBEW in its sole
Grand Prize winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability
and publicity release and a 1099 form for the IRS.
To claim the Grand Prize, winner must visit the Sponsor’s offices at 705 East Leland
Parkway, Suite 1, Blue Earth, Minnesota 56013 within fourteen (14) business days after
notification. Office visits must be between the hours of 9:00 a.m. (CST) and 4:00 p.m.
(CST) weekdays. Please call (507)526-2181 for an appointment.
For identification purposes, winners must also show Sponsor valid government-issued
identification before claiming any prize. Any winner must submit a copy of a utility bill
either November or December to show proof of residency before claiming any prize.
Also, Grand Prize Winner must provide Vehicle payment book, lease/sale agreement
showing proof of one vehicle monthly payment and current home mortgage
agreement/payment book or copy of current lease agreement showing monthly rental
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined
by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond
to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a
potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules
may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and
forfeiture of all interest in any prize.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL
SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and
nontransferable. No substitutions are allowed by winner. Winner is solely responsible
for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner will be required to provide
his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an
IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal,
state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099
based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by
eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will
remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Publicity. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the
winner's irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its
licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media,
including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without
limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation. In addition, participants
acknowledge that telephone calls placed to the Contest Line may be recorded for use
on-air any time.
8. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these
Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, and any Contest judges or administrators
selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the
right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of
this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is
compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other
causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the
administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves
the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the
Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to
award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of
sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
9. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT
AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS
SPONSOR, RIVERFFRON BROIADCASTING AND THEIR RESPECTIVE
SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS,
ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH
SUCH COMPANY'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS,
REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE
"RELEASED PARTIES") FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES,
LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST,
INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY,
DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR
ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE
CONTEST; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY
PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE CONTEST
OR ANY PRIZE.
10. Limitations of Liability. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST,
PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING
THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED
"AS IS" AND THAT SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES
OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE PRIZE(S) AND SPONSOR
HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED
TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE
EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE
LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF
THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY
SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate
information, whether caused by PARTICIPANTs, printing OR PRODUCTION errors,
or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the
Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions,
interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3)
unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4)
technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the
processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to
persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part,
from A PARTICIPANT'S participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the
Contest. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other
reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules
to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes by a
random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
11. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these
rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such
provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules
shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable
provision was not contained therein.
12. Sponsor. The KBEW AM/FM Live Free for a Month Contest is sponsored by
Riverfront Broadcasting d/b/a KBEW AM/FM. The decisions of Sponsor regarding
the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding
in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing, or other
inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements
relating to the Contest. For the results (available after Thursday, December 17, 2020)
or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.kbew98country.com
13. Rules. KBEW AM/FM Radio reserves the rights to change the rules of this
Contest at any time.
KBEW/98 Country General Contest Rules
1. All on-air contest indicate the prizes to be awarded and their method of entry.
2. Contest methods may include random telephone selection, postcard entry, printed entry blanks, faxed entry and website Internet entry.
3. When any contest has a deadline for entry, the deadline is clearly indicated in on-air promotional announcements and any written rules.
4. Contest and promotions are open to listeners ages 18 or older unles otherwise indicated.
5. The radio station reserves the right to limit the winning prizes to once every 30 days per household.
6. Winners are responsible for all fedearl, state and local taxes, if any. All federal, state and local laws apply.
7. No purchase is necessary to participate in contest and promotions.
8. There are no prize substitutions. Prizes are non-transferable and are not negotiable. Prizes can’t be exchanged for cash.
9. Some prizes have restrictions, or expiration dates and do not include gratuities.
10. The radio station is not responsible for any prizes mailed. Winners are urged to pick up their prize at the radio station, the station is located at 705 Leland Parkway, Blue Earth, MN. Prizes to be picked up at the station will be held for 30 days.
11. Employees of KBEW Inc and any other sponsors are not eligible.
12. By participating, winners grant permission for their voice and telephone call to be recorded and re-broadcast for promotional use on the radio station.
13. The radio station reserves the right to amend or change the above rules at anytime as well as end a contest at anytime. All decisions of station management with regard to the awarding of prizes, the selection of winners and the interpretation of these rules shall be final. Each contestant by virute of entering a station contest agrees to accept the decision of the station as final.