KBEW/98 County is seeking an Account Executive responsible for selling Radio & Digital advertising to clients and developing new business relationships by prospecting, developing and selling new direct-business accounts, making sales presentation, performing collections, maintaining client relations and sales.
Job Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Meeting and exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual budgets, including spot, digital and new direct business, prospecting new businesses on a weekly basis.
- Preparing and completing sales presentations with decision makers.
- Making presentations to include a customer needs analysis, research and supporting documentation and creative business solutions.
- Following up and closing all pending business in a timely manner.
- Updating the Sales Manager weekly on the progress of pending business.
- Works closely with other departments in creating effective promotional sales solutions for clients.
- Providing exceptional customer service to direct and agency accounts. Personally conducting each active account regularly defined as an in person meeting, including the presentation of pertinent sales information.
- Obtaining credit approval for all new accounts.
- Ensuring all accounts are paid in a timely manner. Following ups and assisting in the collection process for past due accounts.
- Utilization of and proficiency with sales software.
- Attending special events, such as remotes and broadcasts, which involve clients. The events may occur after business hours and on weekends.
- Complete all written business requirements within established deadlines. These requirements include but are not limited to; forecast reports, pending business updates, written orders and advertising copy.
- Attending and participating in weekly sales staff meetings, individual meetings with manager and other necessary meetings and trainings as required.
- Have a thorough understanding of rates, promotions, inventory and personnel. Continue to stay abreast of trends in digital and broadcast advertising industry.
- Maintain regular, reliable attendance.
- Work cooperatively and collaborately with others. Build working relationships with co-workers, customers, vendors and the general public.
- Complete other duties as requested and needed.
- Previous sales, advertising, digital sales or media experience preferred but not necessary.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with, or the ability to learn, broadcasting and digital terminology and methodology preferred.
- Ability to understand the features and benefits of advertising and competitive media.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word for Windows, sales software knowledge helpful.
- Excellent written and oral English language communication skills.
- Experience developing presentations for the purpose of direct business selling and ability to effectively present and communicate.
- Ability to respond to questions appropriately and think on feet.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships, communicate effectively with a wide range of personalities in a professional and courteous manner.
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently is required.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and a safe driving history as determined by the company for the purpose of meeting clients and attending events.
- Demonstrate effective negotiation and closing techniques.
- Strong analytical skills, good judgement and a positive “can do attitude” are required.
- Ability to read, hear and speak clearly and follow both oral and written direction.
- Ability to think critically, analytically, creatively and logically and to articulate information in a clear and concise manner to others.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Physical Requirements: Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate computer keys and general office equipment. Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time. Average pushing and pulling, bending and stooping. The company may make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
Riverfront Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
Qualified Candidates should apply online at firstname.lastname@example.org